Cyrenaica clashes the Israeli army injures 138 Palestinians in the northern West Bank

Cyrenaica clashes the Israeli army injures 138 Palestinians in the northern West Bank  138 Palestinians were wounded by Israeli army bullets and suffocated, Saturday evening, during clashes in the town of Burqa, in the northern West Bank, while the Palestinian Red Crescent said that it dealt with 8 injuries with live bullets.  The director of ambulance and emergency in the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (non-governmental organization) in the Nablus governorate, Ahmed Jibril, told Anadolu Agency that the society's crews dealt with 8 injuries with live bullets to Palestinians as a result of the confrontations with the occupation army, which is taking place in the town of Burqa, northwest of Nablus.  He explained that one of the injuries with live bullets is serious, as a bullet penetrated the chest area and exited from the back, and was transferred to Al-Najah Hospital in the city.  He added that the crews also dealt with 35 injuries with rubber bullets, one of them in the face and taken to Rafidia Hospital (in Nablus), and 95 cases of suffocation as a result of tear gas inhalation.  Jibril stated that the medical teams were able to evacuate a pregnant woman from her home due to the intense gas fired by the occupation soldiers in the area of ​​confrontations, to Rafidia Hospital.  He added that dozens of other suffocation injuries were recorded when the occupation forces fired a barrage of gas bombs and advanced into the village.  On Saturday evening, the entrance to the village of Burqa witnessed confrontations with the Israeli army, coinciding with calls by settler groups for a return march to the evacuated Homesh settlement (in 2005), which was established on village lands.  In a brief statement on its Facebook account, the Palestine Liberation Organization’s “Wall and Settlement Resistance Committee” said, on Saturday evening, that “the occupying usurping entity officially announces the cancellation of the march of the colonizers’ gangs.”  The last week witnessed an escalation in the Israeli settlers' attacks on a number of Palestinian villages in the Nablus governorate.  About 666,000 Israeli settlers are distributed in 145 large settlements and 140 random outposts (not licensed by the Israeli government) in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, according to data from the Israeli human rights movement Peace Now. Iraq Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed Baghdad airport  Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed one of the gates of Baghdad International Airport, and arrived at the site of the assassination of the former deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis and the former leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Qassem Soleimani.  Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed one of the gates of Baghdad International Airport on Saturday, amid heavy security deployment by the police and army, according to eyewitnesses and a security source.  Witnesses told Anadolu Agency reporter that dozens of supporters of factions close to Iran, including "Kataeb Hezbollah", "Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq", "Harakat al-Nujaba" and "Kataeb Sayyid al-Shuhada", stormed Gate No. 1 of Baghdad International Airport.  They added that these people arrived at the scene of the assassination of the former deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, and the former senior leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Qassem Soleimani.  Witnesses indicated that the intruders were protesting against the construction of a memorial to the engineer and Soleimani at the site of their assassination inside Baghdad International Airport.  It was not immediately clear why work on the memorial was halted. These developments come with the approaching second anniversary of the assassination of Al-Muhandis and Soleimani at Baghdad International Airport by an air strike launched by US aircraft on January 3, 2020.  For his part, a Baghdad police officer said, "The forces of order tried to prevent the demonstrators from reaching the airport, but they stormed the place by force."  The source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media, added that "the forces of the Counter-Terrorism Service surrounded Baghdad International Airport in a precautionary measure in anticipation of violence."  Three days after the assassination, the Iraqi parliament voted on a resolution that included the expulsion of all foreign forces from the country.  Baghdad and Washington later reached an agreement to withdraw the combat forces of the international coalition against the terrorist "ISIS" from Iraq by the end of this year. A large-scale operation of the coalition in Yemen and the Houthis target Saudi Arabia with 3 ballistic missiles  The Saudi-led military coalition announced a "large-scale" military operation in Yemen, while the Houthi group announced the launch of 3 ballistic missiles at the Jazan region, southwest of Saudi Arabia.  The Saudi-led military coalition announced a "large-scale" military operation in Yemen, after two people were killed and seven wounded in a Houthi attack on the south of the kingdom on Friday evening, the deadliest in Saudi Arabia in nearly three years.  This came in conjunction with the killing of three people in Yemen, including a woman and a child, in an air strike attributed to the coalition, according to medical sources in Sanaa, which is under the control of the Houthi rebels, and Agence France-Presse.  The escalation comes at a time when the coalition has launched raids on Sanaa for about a week, targeting Houthi sites, including the airport, which it says is being used as a platform to launch booby-trapped drones towards the kingdom.  The Civil Defense in the Kingdom said that a Saudi and a Yemeni were killed and seven others were wounded on Friday evening, after a "military projectile" fell on a store launched by the "Iran-backed terrorist Houthi militia from inside Yemeni territory towards Samtah Governorate in the Jazan region."  Two shops and 12 vehicles were also damaged by "flying shrapnel". Pictures published by the Saudi Press Agency showed damage to a commercial store and a hole in the ground in front of it.  This is the first time that Houthi rebels have been killed and wounded in Saudi Arabia since 2018. The coalition is scheduled to hold a press conference on Sunday to talk about the latest developments, according to the Saudi authorities, after they said earlier that the conference would be held on Saturday.  Shortly after the strike, the coalition announced that it was "preparing for a military operation on a larger scale and within the framework of international humanitarian law, and we will act decisively to protect civilians, both citizens and residents on the territory of the Kingdom."  For their part, the Houthis vowed "painful and painful" operations, and the group announced, on Saturday, the launch of 3 ballistic missiles at the Jazan region, southwest of Saudi Arabia.  "The missile force was able to target important and sensitive sites of the Saudi enemy in Jizan (southwest) with three ballistic missiles, hitting their targets," Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said in a statement.  Saree added: "This targeting comes within the framework of the legitimate response to the crimes of the Saudi-American aggression and its siege on our country , and we promise the Saudi regime painful and painful operations," without further details.  Several regions in Saudi Arabia are constantly under attack by ballistic missiles and booby-trapped drones launched from Yemen towards their airports and oil facilities.  Yemen has been witnessing for nearly 7 years a continuous war between the pro-government forces backed by a military coalition led by the neighboring Saudi Arabia, and the Iranian-backed Houthis, who have controlled several governorates, including the capital, Sanaa, since September 2014.

Cyrenaica clashes the Israeli army injures 138 Palestinians in the northern West Bank


138 Palestinians were wounded by Israeli army bullets and suffocated, Saturday evening, during clashes in the town of Burqa, in the northern West Bank, while the Palestinian Red Crescent said that it dealt with 8 injuries with live bullets.

The director of ambulance and emergency in the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (non-governmental organization) in the Nablus governorate, Ahmed Jibril, told Anadolu Agency that the society's crews dealt with 8 injuries with live bullets to Palestinians as a result of the confrontations with the occupation army, which is taking place in the town of Burqa, northwest of Nablus.

He explained that one of the injuries with live bullets is serious, as a bullet penetrated the chest area and exited from the back, and was transferred to Al-Najah Hospital in the city.

He added that the crews also dealt with 35 injuries with rubber bullets, one of them in the face and taken to Rafidia Hospital (in Nablus), and 95 cases of suffocation as a result of tear gas inhalation.

Jibril stated that the medical teams were able to evacuate a pregnant woman from her home due to the intense gas fired by the occupation soldiers in the area of ​​confrontations, to Rafidia Hospital.

He added that dozens of other suffocation injuries were recorded when the occupation forces fired a barrage of gas bombs and advanced into the village.

On Saturday evening, the entrance to the village of Burqa witnessed confrontations with the Israeli army, coinciding with calls by settler groups for a return march to the evacuated Homesh settlement (in 2005), which was established on village lands.

In a brief statement on its Facebook account, the Palestine Liberation Organization’s “Wall and Settlement Resistance Committee” said, on Saturday evening, that “the occupying usurping entity officially announces the cancellation of the march of the colonizers’ gangs.”

The last week witnessed an escalation in the Israeli settlers' attacks on a number of Palestinian villages in the Nablus governorate.

About 666,000 Israeli settlers are distributed in 145 large settlements and 140 random outposts (not licensed by the Israeli government) in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, according to data from the Israeli human rights movement Peace Now.


Iraq Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed Baghdad airport


Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed one of the gates of Baghdad International Airport, and arrived at the site of the assassination of the former deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis and the former leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Qassem Soleimani.

Dozens of supporters of armed factions close to Iran stormed one of the gates of Baghdad International Airport on Saturday, amid heavy security deployment by the police and army, according to eyewitnesses and a security source.

Witnesses told Anadolu Agency reporter that dozens of supporters of factions close to Iran, including "Kataeb Hezbollah", "Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq", "Harakat al-Nujaba" and "Kataeb Sayyid al-Shuhada", stormed Gate No. 1 of Baghdad International Airport.

They added that these people arrived at the scene of the assassination of the former deputy head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, and the former senior leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Qassem Soleimani.

Witnesses indicated that the intruders were protesting against the construction of a memorial to the engineer and Soleimani at the site of their assassination inside Baghdad International Airport.

It was not immediately clear why work on the memorial was halted.
These developments come with the approaching second anniversary of the assassination of Al-Muhandis and Soleimani at Baghdad International Airport by an air strike launched by US aircraft on January 3, 2020.

For his part, a Baghdad police officer said, "The forces of order tried to prevent the demonstrators from reaching the airport, but they stormed the place by force."

The source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media, added that "the forces of the Counter-Terrorism Service surrounded Baghdad International Airport in a precautionary measure in anticipation of violence."

Three days after the assassination, the Iraqi parliament voted on a resolution that included the expulsion of all foreign forces from the country.

Baghdad and Washington later reached an agreement to withdraw the combat forces of the international coalition against the terrorist "ISIS" from Iraq by the end of this year.
Previous Post Next Post