Denying news about its postponement, Algeria: The date of the Arab summit has not been set at all

Denying news about its postponement, Algeria: The date of the Arab summit has not been set at all  The Algerian foreign minister says that what was circulated about the postponement of the upcoming Arab summit in his country is just a "false", stressing that its date has not been set at all. During the last hours, information spread about a decision to postpone the Arab Summit to an unknown date, instead of next March.  Algerian Foreign Minister Ramtane Lamamra said, on Saturday, that what was circulated about the postponement of the upcoming Arab summit in his country is just a "fallacy." Because its date has not been determined at all.  This came during Lamamra's meeting with ambassadors of Arab countries at the Algerian Foreign Ministry, according to a statement by the ministry.  During the last hours, information spread about a decision to postpone the Arab summit to an unknown date, instead of next March. due to the Corona pandemic.  The statement quoted Lamamra as confirming to the Arab ambassadors that what was circulated were "inaccuracies"; Because "the date of the convening of the Arab summit has not been set in the first place, and no decision has been taken on it yet."  He explained to Lamamra: "The President of the Republic (Abdelmadjid Tebboune) intends to put forward a date (for the summit) that combines historical national symbolism with the Arab national dimension and enshrines the values ​​of common struggle and Arab solidarity."  He added, "This date is expected to be approved by the Arab Council of Ministers at its regular session next March, at the initiative of Algeria and with the support of the League's General Secretariat."  According to Lamamra, this step will also allow "the completion of the substantive and objective preparatory process series, allowing the achievement of political outcomes that enhance the credibility and efficiency of joint Arab action."  And last week, a delegation from the Arab League led by Hossam Zaki, Director of the Secretary-General's Office, visited Algeria to review the preparations for the summit.  Zaki said, in a press conference in the Algerian capital on Wednesday, at the conclusion of his visit, that Algeria is ready to host the summit.  He made it clear that it is unlikely that it will be held before the month of Ramadan (which begins on April 2, next), and that the next meeting of Arab foreign ministers will decide the date of that.  Subsequently, Zaki said, in televised statements on Thursday, that the usually scheduled date for the summit is March of each year, and the years 2020 and 2021 were postponed in consultation with the hosting country, Algeria; Because of Corona.  He added, "There is a current confusion in the situation of Corona, and Algeria prefers that the summit be held in a state of calm."

Denying news about its postponement, Algeria: The date of the Arab summit has not been set at all


The Algerian foreign minister says that what was circulated about the postponement of the upcoming Arab summit in his country is just a "false", stressing that its date has not been set at all. During the last hours, information spread about a decision to postpone the Arab Summit to an unknown date, instead of next March.

Algerian Foreign Minister Ramtane Lamamra said, on Saturday, that what was circulated about the postponement of the upcoming Arab summit in his country is just a "fallacy." Because its date has not been determined at all.

This came during Lamamra's meeting with ambassadors of Arab countries at the Algerian Foreign Ministry, according to a statement by the ministry.

During the last hours, information spread about a decision to postpone the Arab summit to an unknown date, instead of next March. due to the Corona pandemic.

The statement quoted Lamamra as confirming to the Arab ambassadors that what was circulated were "inaccuracies"; Because "the date of the convening of the Arab summit has not been set in the first place, and no decision has been taken on it yet."

He explained to Lamamra: "The President of the Republic (Abdelmadjid Tebboune) intends to put forward a date (for the summit) that combines historical national symbolism with the Arab national dimension and enshrines the values ​​of common struggle and Arab solidarity."

He added, "This date is expected to be approved by the Arab Council of Ministers at its regular session next March, at the initiative of Algeria and with the support of the League's General Secretariat."

According to Lamamra, this step will also allow "the completion of the substantive and objective preparatory process series, allowing the achievement of political outcomes that enhance the credibility and efficiency of joint Arab action."

And last week, a delegation from the Arab League led by Hossam Zaki, Director of the Secretary-General's Office, visited Algeria to review the preparations for the summit.

Zaki said, in a press conference in the Algerian capital on Wednesday, at the conclusion of his visit, that Algeria is ready to host the summit.

He made it clear that it is unlikely that it will be held before the month of Ramadan (which begins on April 2, next), and that the next meeting of Arab foreign ministers will decide the date of that.

Subsequently, Zaki said, in televised statements on Thursday, that the usually scheduled date for the summit is March of each year, and the years 2020 and 2021 were postponed in consultation with the hosting country, Algeria; Because of Corona.

He added, "There is a current confusion in the situation of Corona, and Algeria prefers that the summit be held in a state of calm."


17 girls kidnapped by armed men in northeastern Nigeria  Istanbul: Gunmen in Borno State, northeastern Nigeria, kidnapped 17 girls, according to international media.  On Saturday, the US Associated Press quoted eyewitnesses and two (unnamed) residents as saying that "Boko Haram militants" attacked, on Thursday, the village of "Bemi" in Borno state, from which the group is leading its rebellion against the government. Nigerian for a decade.  In a statement issued late Friday, ISIS claimed responsibility for killing "many Christians" and setting fire to two churches and several homes during an attack on the village of Bimi.  Local leader Hassan Chibok confirmed, in a press statement, that gunmen targeted a church and Christians when they stormed "Bemi" last Thursday, according to the Associated Press.  "They were firing intermittently after they surrounded the place," Chibok said. Some could not escape, so they kidnapped 17 girls, eight of whom belonged to one house.” In the same context, Yana Galang, a resident of the area, said that "the gunmen destroyed a church building, and targeted houses close to it."  She added, "Some of them (the kidnapped girls) are between 10 and 12 years old."  She explained that the gunmen stopped their car near the residential complexes, picked up the girls and put them in the car. In this regard, Nigerian military spokesman, Onima Nwachukwu, said Friday that the rebels are trying "desperately" to increase their influence.  Depleted by our forces, and as a result of the confused situation in their ranks, and the massive surrender of Boko Haram, the terrorists, in a desperate move, are embarking on a recruitment campaign to reinforce their strength with child soldiers, who can easily indoctrinate them with their doctrines and manage them financially on the cheap.  "They also recruit children and women to minors, and use them as sex slaves," he continued.  The kidnapping of the girls from Bimi brought to mind the abduction of 276 schoolgirls in 2014 in the remote town of Chibok, 130 kilometers (80 miles) south of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, where more than 100 of the abductees are still on the list. the missing.  While the authorities blame "Boko Haram" for killing tens of thousands of people in Nigeria and neighboring countries in West Africa, the Nigerian army confirmed that it "remains resolute in the face of terrorists," according to the same agency.(Anatolia)

17 girls kidnapped by armed men in northeastern Nigeria


Istanbul: Gunmen in Borno State, northeastern Nigeria, kidnapped 17 girls, according to international media.

On Saturday, the US Associated Press quoted eyewitnesses and two (unnamed) residents as saying that "Boko Haram militants" attacked, on Thursday, the village of "Bemi" in Borno state, from which the group is leading its rebellion against the government. Nigerian for a decade.

In a statement issued late Friday, ISIS claimed responsibility for killing "many Christians" and setting fire to two churches and several homes during an attack on the village of Bimi.

Local leader Hassan Chibok confirmed, in a press statement, that gunmen targeted a church and Christians when they stormed "Bemi" last Thursday, according to the Associated Press.

"They were firing intermittently after they surrounded the place," Chibok said. Some could not escape, so they kidnapped 17 girls, eight of whom belonged to one house.”
In the same context, Yana Galang, a resident of the area, said that "the gunmen destroyed a church building, and targeted houses close to it."

She added, "Some of them (the kidnapped girls) are between 10 and 12 years old."

She explained that the gunmen stopped their car near the residential complexes, picked up the girls and put them in the car.
In this regard, Nigerian military spokesman, Onima Nwachukwu, said Friday that the rebels are trying "desperately" to increase their influence.

Depleted by our forces, and as a result of the confused situation in their ranks, and the massive surrender of Boko Haram, the terrorists, in a desperate move, are embarking on a recruitment campaign to reinforce their strength with child soldiers, who can easily indoctrinate them with their doctrines and manage them financially on the cheap.

"They also recruit children and women to minors, and use them as sex slaves," he continued.

The kidnapping of the girls from Bimi brought to mind the abduction of 276 schoolgirls in 2014 in the remote town of Chibok, 130 kilometers (80 miles) south of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, where more than 100 of the abductees are still on the list. the missing.

While the authorities blame "Boko Haram" for killing tens of thousands of people in Nigeria and neighboring countries in West Africa, the Nigerian army confirmed that it "remains resolute in the face of terrorists," according to the same agency.(Anatolia)


Ghana: investigation opened after deadly truck explosion  Ghanaian authorities have opened an investigation to determine the circumstances and responsibilities for the explosion of a truck packed with industrial explosives that killed at least 13 people, according to a reduced toll on Friday .  The explosion destroyed dozens of homes and left a huge crater in the middle of the road in the village of Apiate, 300 km west of Accra. According to the first findings, authorities said, the truck, which was transporting explosives intended for a mine, collided Thursday afternoon with a motorcycle and another vehicle, before igniting.  The truck driver managed to slip out of his vehicle and took cover, alerting people to the risk of an explosion, Abena Mintah, a witness to the crash, told local media.  “ The investigations will have to determine if the regulations concerning the transport of explosives were respected and the circumstances which led to this unfortunate tragedy ”, indicated in a press release the Ministry of Natural Resources.  The regional police commander said the death toll stood at 13, while Thursday evening 17 dead had been announced. In addition, 45 people were still hospitalized on Friday, he added.  Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo lamented a " sad, unfortunate and tragic accident " and expressed his condolences to the families of the victims.  At the scene of the accident, Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia indicated that the State would provide for the material needs of the victims and bear the medical costs.  Accidents involving trucks are frequent in Ghana, as in many African countries, and can be deadly when it comes to tankers, transporting petroleum products or gas.  Ghana is Africa's second largest gold producer, after South Africa. The mining industry in this country involves both big global players but also artisanal mining activities, many of them illegal.

Ghana: investigation opened after deadly truck explosion


Ghanaian authorities have opened an investigation to determine the circumstances and responsibilities for the explosion of a truck packed with industrial explosives that killed at least 13 people, according to a reduced toll on Friday .

The explosion destroyed dozens of homes and left a huge crater in the middle of the road in the village of Apiate, 300 km west of Accra.
According to the first findings, authorities said, the truck, which was transporting explosives intended for a mine, collided Thursday afternoon with a motorcycle and another vehicle, before igniting.

The truck driver managed to slip out of his vehicle and took cover, alerting people to the risk of an explosion, Abena Mintah, a witness to the crash, told local media.

“ The investigations will have to determine if the regulations concerning the transport of explosives were respected and the circumstances which led to this unfortunate tragedy ”, indicated in a press release the Ministry of Natural Resources.

The regional police commander said the death toll stood at 13, while Thursday evening 17 dead had been announced. In addition, 45 people were still hospitalized on Friday, he added.

Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo lamented a " sad, unfortunate and tragic accident " and expressed his condolences to the families of the victims.

At the scene of the accident, Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia indicated that the State would provide for the material needs of the victims and bear the medical costs.

Accidents involving trucks are frequent in Ghana, as in many African countries, and can be deadly when it comes to tankers, transporting petroleum products or gas.

Ghana is Africa's second largest gold producer, after South Africa. The mining industry in this country involves both big global players but also artisanal mining activities, many of them illegal.
Previous Post Next Post

Translate / Choose Your Language

Answer / Free classified ads / Any information me ⤵️