Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela call for an end to the violence between Israel and Palestine Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela call for an end to the violence between Israel and Palestine

Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela call for an end to the violence between Israel and Palestine

Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela call for an end to the violence between Israel and Palestine

The governments of Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela called on the parties to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to stop violence to curb the escalation between the two sides.
Brazil and Mexico condemned the attacks on Israel, while Cuba and Venezuela indicated that violations of the historical rights of the Palestinian people were the reason for the clashes.

The Mexican Foreign Ministry said: “The Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemns the attacks against the Israeli people, which led to a terrible loss of life. Mexico calls for an end to this inappropriate violence to avoid an escalation that would cause further harm and suffering to civilians.”

Earlier on Saturday, the Brazilian government issued a similar condemnation of the Palestinian attacks and called for peace. The statement by Brazil, which holds the position of interim President of the UN Security Council, said that it would call for an emergency meeting of the Council.

Havana and Caracas expressed their deep concern about the escalation of the conflict between Israel and Palestine, but without condemning the Palestinians, and noting that this escalation is the result of a violation of the rights of the Palestinian people.

Venezuelan Foreign Minister Ivan Gil wrote in a tweet: “Venezuela expresses its deep concern about the recent developments in the Gaza Strip, while it believes that the escalation is the result of the failure of the Palestinian people to obtain a way to assert their historical rights under international law.”

The Cuban Foreign Ministry said in a statement, "The escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine is the result of seventy-five years of continuous violation of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people and the aggressive and expansionist policies pursued by Israel."

The four countries called for the need to find a solution to the problem in a way that allows Palestine and Israel safely within agreed upon and internationally recognized borders, in accordance with the resolutions issued by the United Nations.

The Hamas movement announced the start of Operation “Al-Aqsa Flood” and the launching of approximately 5,000 rockets from the Gaza Strip towards the Israeli interior in the first half hour of the operation.

The battle witnessed qualitative operations by the Palestinians, as they stormed a number of the settlements of the outskirts and engaged in street warfare with the Israeli forces. They killed and wounded a number of them, captured a number of settlers, and took control of Israeli vehicles.

On the other hand, the Israeli army announced the start of Operation Iron Swords and began launching raids on the Gaza Strip.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, "We are in a state of war and not in a military operation, and we will respond with a force that Israel's enemies have never known before."

The Russian Foreign Ministry called on Israel and Palestine to cease fire and return to the negotiating table.



Biden directs his team to communicate with the leaders of Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia regarding Palestine

US President Joe Biden warned unnamed parties, describing them as “the enemy of Israel,” against exploiting the situation against the backdrop of the Palestinian operation in Israel, directing his team to remain in contact with the leaders of Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.

US President Joe Biden warned unnamed parties, describing them as “the enemy of Israel,” against exploiting the situation following the Palestinian operation launched by Hamas from the Gaza Strip.

Biden said in a speech at the White House on Saturday that he directed his team to remain in contact with the leaders of Egypt, Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia against the backdrop of the Palestinian operation in Israel.

He confirmed that he directed his team in the American administration to also maintain contact with its partners in Europe and with the Palestinian Authority.

He stressed that his country would continue to provide support to Israel so that it "can defend itself."

He said: "My administration's support for Israel is as firm as a rock and does not shake."

According to Biden, the US administration continues to communicate with Israel at the military, intelligence, and diplomatic levels.

At dawn on Saturday, the Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, announced the start of a military operation called “Al-Aqsa Flood” from Gaza, “with a first strike that targeted enemy sites, airports, and military fortifications.”

In response, the Israeli army announced “the launch of Operation Iron Swords against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.”

The toll of attacks carried out by Palestinian factions on Israeli towns and cities on Saturday rose to 250 dead and 1,110 wounded, some of them seriously, according to the Israeli Broadcasting Authority (official).

Meanwhile, the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza announced that 232 Palestinians were killed and 1,697 others were injured as a result of the Israeli raids on the Strip since Saturday morning.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Worldwide News Search HereπŸ‘‡