“It paves the way for Netanyahu’s arrest.” Experts: The International Justice Department’s decision is a step to hold Israel accountable “It paves the way for Netanyahu’s arrest.” Experts: The International Justice Department’s decision is a step to hold Israel accountable

“It paves the way for Netanyahu’s arrest.” Experts: The International Justice Department’s decision is a step to hold Israel accountable

North Korea's 'anti-doping compliance country' lottery, Return to international competitions just around the corner

Experts considered the decisions of the International Court of Justice in the “genocide” lawsuit against Israel to have paved the way for the arrest of Netanyahu and his army commanders, stressing that the decision gives legitimacy to the Palestinian resistance.

Some experts said that the precautionary measures decisions taken by the International Court of Justice in the “genocide” case brought against Tel Aviv paves the way for the arrest and trial of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his army commanders, in accordance with internal Israeli law.

On January 26, the International Court of Justice ordered Israel to take measures to prevent genocide against the Palestinians and improve the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip, but the decision did not include a provision for a “ceasefire.”

A “first step” towards holding Israel accountable

Pakistani lawyer Hassan Islam Shad explained the importance of the International Court of Justice describing the case brought by South Africa as “reasonable” for consideration.

Shad - the first lawyer from a Muslim country at the International Criminal Court - said that this decision “represents the first step towards holding Israel accountable for some, although not all, acts of genocide.”

He added, "This conclusion also revealed the legal basis for Israel's responsibility," noting that "major political momentum" had been formed in this context.

He explained, "The concept of universal jurisdiction exists that links all countries, and therefore they must take the necessary steps to prosecute those responsible for war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide within their domestic laws."

He continued: "It is indeed possible that in the very near future we will witness news of the issuance of arrest warrants against Benjamin Netanyahu or the leaders of the Israeli army and individuals participating in the military campaign."

Israel knows that it is a “historical precedent”

The editor-in-chief of Palestine Facts magazine, Ramzi Baroud, said, “Israel used the Jewish Holocaust in many ways to justify its existence and the acts of violence it committed against Arabs and Palestinians in Gaza over the years.”

Baroud explained, "Israel also used the Holocaust to accuse its critics and enemies of anti-Semitism."

He stressed that "the decision of the International Court of Justice is very important, and the Israeli government knows very well that it constitutes a historical precedent."

Baroud revealed, "This gives great legitimacy to the Palestinian resistance, because it is now officially fighting against genocide."

He pointed out that the International Court of Justice "did not refer to Hamas or other Palestinian groups as terrorists, but rather referred to them as Palestinian groups."


Threatening regional security Lebanon: Suspension of funding for UNRWA is a historic mistake


Arab and international reactions continued denouncing the decision of some countries to temporarily suspend their funding of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), the most recent of which was Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdullah Bou Habib describing the decision as a “historic mistake” that threatens regional security.

The Lebanese Foreign Minister, Abdullah Bou Habib, described the decision of some Western countries to suspend funding for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) as a “historic mistake that will constitute a threat to regional security.”

During his meeting with the US Ambassador to Beirut, Lisa Johnson, on Monday, Bou Habib stressed that the decision will deprive Palestinian refugees of any hope for a better life and future, and will constitute a threat to regional security and the security of host countries and donor countries alike.

The countries that decided to temporarily suspend funding for UNRWA continued until the number reached 12, against the backdrop of Israeli allegations that 12 employees of the UN agency participated in the attack on October 7, 2023.

The countries that suspended funding for the agency are the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, Britain, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Japan, and Austria.

On Friday, UNRWA announced the opening of an investigation into allegations of the involvement of a number of its employees in the “last October 7 attacks.”

The Israeli accusations are "not the first." Since the beginning of the war on Gaza, the occupation has accused UNRWA employees of working for the Hamas movement, in what was considered a "pre-justification" for attacking the agency's schools and facilities that shelter tens of thousands of displaced people, most of whom are children and women.

UNRWA was established by a decision of the United Nations General Assembly in 1949, and was authorized to provide assistance and protection to refugees in its five areas of operations (Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) until a just solution to their problem is reached.
Previous Post Next Post