Despite fears of an explosion, Israel is accused of violence and unlawful killing in the West Bank Despite fears of an explosion, Israel is accused of violence and unlawful killing in the West Bank

Despite fears of an explosion, Israel is accused of violence and unlawful killing in the West Bank

Despite fears of an explosion, Israel is accused of violence and unlawful killing in the West Bank

Fears have increased inside Israel that the situation in the occupied West Bank will explode with the approaching month of Ramadan, at a time when Amnesty International indicated that the occupation unleashed a brutal wave of violence and killed Palestinians through illegal operations in the West Bank.

At a time when Amnesty International confirmed that Israel launched a “brutal wave” of violence against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, and carried out “unlawful killings,” fears are increasing inside Israel about the situation in the West Bank deteriorating, especially with the approaching month of Ramadan.

Amnesty International said in a statement on Monday: “Over the past four months, the Israeli occupation forces unleashed a brutal wave of violence against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and carried out unlawful killings.”

She pointed out that Israel used "unnecessary lethal force" during protests and arrests in the occupied West Bank during the recent period.

It also stated that the occupation forces obstructed the provision of medical assistance to injured people in the West Bank, and attacked those trying to help them, including paramedics.

Fears that the situation will explode during Ramadan

In this context, Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper highlighted, on Monday, that the Ramadan holiday, which will begin around March 10, may be “more explosive than ever due to the war on several fronts (Gaza in the south and Lebanon in the north).”

She said that in the coming days, the security establishment will begin decisive discussions regarding Israeli policy, and whether it will agree to provide “facilities to the Palestinians during Ramadan.”

Since the beginning of the war on October 7, 2023, Israel has prevented workers from the West Bank from reaching workplaces in Israel, and has also imposed restrictions on the entry of worshipers into Al-Aqsa Mosque, especially on Fridays.

The newspaper noted that the General Security Agency (Shin Bet) and the army “recommended, about two months ago, to the political level to approve the entry of 100,000 Palestinian workers,” and that they issued a strategic warning of a large-scale escalation in the West Bank.

It indicated that in light of the strong opposition from the Ministers of Finance, Bezalel Smotrich, and the Ministers of National Security, Itamar Ben Gvir, as well as from ministers from the Likud Party, such as (Minister of Economy) Nir Barkat, the discussion was transferred between the Security and Economic Councils.

Yedioth also indicated that in the month of Ramadan last year, more than 100,000 Palestinians from the West Bank were allowed to reach Al-Aqsa to perform Friday prayers at the mosque.

She continued: "It seems that this large number of Palestinian worshipers will not be allowed to enter Al-Aqsa Mosque, as happened last year," noting that the recommendation of the police headed by Ben Gvir will have great weight in the decision.

The newspaper considered, “If the Council of Ministers continues to prevent the entry of workers and restrict movement during the month of Ramadan, this may lead to violent unrest and an increase in the number of alerts for attacks.”

Since October 7, 2023, the Israeli occupation army has been waging a devastating war against the Gaza Strip, which as of Monday has left 27,478 martyrs and 66,835 injured since October 7, 2023. Most of them are children and women, according to the Palestinian authorities, and has caused “massive destruction.” “An unprecedented humanitarian catastrophe,” according to the United Nations.

At the same time, the Israeli occupation army intensified its operations in the West Bank, killing 381 Palestinians and wounding about 4,400, according to official Palestinian sources.


During January: 22 raids on Al-Aqsa and 47 prevention of the call to prayer at the Ibrahimi Mosque

The Palestinian Ministry of Endowments confirmed that Al-Aqsa Mosque was subjected to 22 raids by Israeli settlers last January, noting that the occupation army prevented the call to prayer in the Ibrahimi Mosque 47 times during the same month.

The Palestinian Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs revealed on Monday that Israeli settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem 22 times, while the Israeli army prevented the call to prayer in the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron 47 times during last January.

The Minister of Endowments and Religious Affairs, Sheikh Hatem Al-Bakri, said in a statement that “Al-Aqsa Mosque is subject to colonizers’ raids every day except Saturday and Friday, in the morning and evening periods, in an attempt to impose a temporal and spatial division on it.”

He continued: “In addition to their repeated attacks on the Ibrahimi Mosque,” ​​according to what was stated in the same statement.

Al-Bakri explained that Israeli settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque 22 times during January, amidst the Israeli authorities imposing strict restrictions and sieges on Palestinians entering the mosque, checking their identities, detaining worshipers at its external gates, and deporting dozens of them from it for varying periods.

Settlers storm Al-Aqsa, almost daily, in two periods, in the morning and after the noon prayer, through the “Maghariba Gate” in the western wall of the mosque, with facilities, escort, and protection from the Israeli police.

The Israeli police prevent Palestinians from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque, which reduced the number of worshipers there to record levels compared to before October 7, 2023.

The Endowments confirmed in its statement. In Hebron, the occupation prevented “the call to prayer in the Ibrahimi Mosque during the past month for 47 times.”

Al-Bakri enumerated other Israeli violations against mosques, pointing out that “settlers carried out acts of sabotage inside the Okasha Mosque, west of Jerusalem, since October 7, and turned it into a Jewish synagogue.”

He pointed out that "the Israeli authorities stormed two mosques in the city of Tulkarm in the West Bank and caused damage to them."
Previous Post Next Post