18 meters of drilling left in Uttarkashi Tunnel, 41 laborers can be taken out by tonight or tomorrow morning 18 meters of drilling left in Uttarkashi Tunnel, 41 laborers can be taken out by tonight or tomorrow morning

18 meters of drilling left in Uttarkashi Tunnel, 41 laborers can be taken out by tonight or tomorrow morning

18 meters of drilling left in Uttarkashi Tunnel, 41 laborers can be taken out by tonight or tomorrow morning

Uttarkashi Tunnel Rescue Operation: The Silkyara Tunnel accident happened at 4 am on November 12. Soil sank up to 60 meters within 200 meters of the entry point of the tunnel. 41 laborers got trapped inside.

New Delhi/Uttarakashi: Wednesday is the 11th day of the rescue operation of 41 workers in the under-construction Silkyara Tunnel (Uttarakshi Tunnel Collapse) in Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand. From the entry point of the tunnel, an 800 mm (about 32 inches) pipe has been drilled for about 42 meters using an American auger machine. Now about 18 meters of drilling is left. The remaining drilling work is expected to be completed by Thursday morning. After the completion of drilling work, a 32 inch pipe will be inserted inside from here. Through this the workers will crawl out. 
Mahmood Ahmed, a senior official of the Road and Transport Department of Uttarakhand, said that the auger drilling machine was started at 12.45 am. So far 18 meters of drilling has been done. He said, "I am very happy to inform that a total of 39 meters of drilling has been completed. It is estimated that the workers are trapped 57 meters below. Therefore, now only 18 meters of drilling is left. It will be completed soon. It will be done."

DRDO sent two rovers for Uttarkashi Tunnel Rescue Mission, know their special features

Welding of pipes takes a lot of time.
Ahmed also said that most of the time in a rescue operation is spent in welding the pipes, which have to be inserted into the drilled holes. So that the workers can find a way to get out of there. He further said, "Welding is most important, it takes time. Drilling does not take much time, hence it took about 15 hours since late night to send 18 meter pipe i.e. three sections. Inside the tunnel An additional 800 mm pipe has also been inserted 21 meters inside."

Good news can be received by late night or tomorrow morning.
Mahmood Ahmed said on Wednesday that it is too early to say anything, but good news can be received by late night. He told that toothbrush-paste, towel, undergarments and breakfast were sent to the workers in the morning. The workers had also demanded mobile phones and chargers, those have also been sent to them. All the workers are fine. He told that an iron rod has also come along with the debris. We are happy that this (rod) did not create any problem for us..." 

Uttarakhand Tunnel Accident: Now focus on horizontal drilling, rescue of workers may take 2-3 days

Rescue operations were slowed by falling debris as well as frequent breakdowns of heavy-drilling machines. Last week, a machine collided with a large stone inside the debris, causing a crack in the roof of the tunnel, forcing drilling to stop for more than three days. Mahmood Ahmed said, “It is a very happy news for us that we are working at a fast pace. 
Five government agencies were also involved in the rescue operation.
Five government agencies, including the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, have been included in this massive operation. If the workers felt weak, the NDRF team made preparations to pull them out using a temporary trolley fitted with skates.

Uttarakhand administration has called for 40 ambulances at the site.
Seeing the situation getting closer to the rescue operation, Uttarakhand administration has called for 40 ambulances at the spot. Apart from this, a team of doctors has also arrived. Chilyansaur, Uttarkashi and AIIMS Rishikesh have been put on alert mode. Arrangements have also been made to airlift the workers.

When did the accident happen?
The Silkyara Tunnel accident took place at 4 am on November 12. Soil sank up to 60 meters within 200 meters of the entry point of the tunnel. 41 laborers got trapped inside. The workers trapped inside the tunnel are from Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. This tunnel is being built under the Chardham Road Project. 



Recommendation to include Imran Khan's name in ECL : Interior Ministry

In a statement issued by the Ministry of Interior, it was said that, on the recommendation of the National Accountability Bureau NAB, it has been recommended to put the names of 29 people, including Imran Khan, on the ECL in the £190 million scandal.
 
In the meeting of Pakistan's federal cabinet sub-committee on Exit Control List (ECL) held on Wednesday, the name of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has been recommended to be included in the list. Persons included in the ECL are prohibited from leaving the country.

In a statement issued by the Ministry of Interior, it was said that on the recommendation of the National Accountability Bureau NAB, it has been recommended to put the names of 29 people, including Imran Khan, in the ECL in the 190 million pound scandal.

Britain's National Crime Agency (NCA) transferred 190 million pounds from Pakistan's leading businessman Malik Riaz Hussain and his family to Pakistan after a settlement.

Imran Khan as the Prime Minister had approved that the money be deposited directly into the Supreme Court account, which apparently benefited Malik Riaz as he had to deposit 460 billion rupees in the Supreme Court in a case.

While Imran Khan is accused that instead of giving this benefit to Malik Riaz, he had received land and some other concessions from the owner of Bahria Town for Al-Qadir Trust.

The meeting presided over by the Caretaker Interior Minister Sarfraz Ahmed Bugti was also attended by the officers of the Ministry of Interior and other institutions.

In the statement issued after the meeting, it was said that the sub-committee recommended putting the names of 41 people sent by various departments and institutions in the ECL, including the names of 29 people including Imran Khan in the 190 million pound scam. The recommendation to do was also included.'

Imran Khan is accused of allowing Bahria Town owner Malik Riaz's alleged corruption money to be transferred to the Supreme Court's account instead of depositing it in Pakistan's national exchequer for personal gain.

Imran Khan has been denying these allegations in the past.

The Supreme Court of Pakistan had in 2019 accepted Bahria Town's offer to deposit Rs 460 billion and allowed Malik Riaz to continue working on the housing society in Karachi.

According to the order of the Supreme Court, Bahria Town had to pay the amount of Rs 460 billion in installments over seven years and the money coming from the UK was also adjusted in the same amount.

Imran Khan's bail application approved

The Supreme Court of Pakistan has accepted the bail application of former Prime Minister Imran Khan for hearing.

According to the news agency Reuters, this development has come at a time when the Islamabad High Court declared the hearing of the cipher case in jail illegal a day ago.

Imran Khan, 71, was sentenced to three years in prison on August 5 for illegally selling official gifts during his prime ministership. His lawyer in the case said on Wednesday that the Supreme Court has accepted Imran Khan's bail plea for hearing.

Imran Khan's lawyer Naeem Panjotha wrote on social media platform X: 'After arguments from both sides, the decision will come in the next hearing.'

He added that no date has been fixed for the hearing.

Imran Khan was removed from office in April 2022 after losing a no-confidence vote in parliament. 
Previous Post Next Post