Not linked to attack in Pakistan but willing to investigate: Afghan Taliban Not linked to attack in Pakistan but willing to investigate: Afghan Taliban

Not linked to attack in Pakistan but willing to investigate: Afghan Taliban

Not linked to attack in Pakistan but willing to investigate: Afghan Taliban

This reaction came after Pakistan's Foreign Secretary on Tuesday summoned the Foreign Office of the Afghan Interim Government in Islamabad to register a protest over the attack by security forces in Dera Ismail Khan.

A spokesman for the Taliban's interim government in Afghanistan has expressed indifference to Tuesday's attack in Pakistan, saying it will investigate any issues raised by Islamabad.

"If they demand an investigation, if they share the details with us, we will investigate," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Reuters.

The reaction came after Pakistan's foreign secretary on Tuesday summoned the Afghan caretaker government's foreign affairs office in Islamabad to register its 'strong protest' over the attack by security forces in Dera Ismail Khan.

The Pakistani army has buried 23 of its soldiers on Tuesday after a six-member suicide squad detonated a truck loaded with explosives at an army camp.

The US has also condemned the incident. US Secretary of State Anthony Blanken expressed his condolences to the bereaved in a post on social networking site X, saying, 'We stand with the people of Pakistan to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice. '


The shootings and bombings, which were claimed by a militant group, came at a time when political observers had already called for the February 8 elections to be held in view of a surge in militant attacks in the North-West and South-West regions. have expressed concerns about

In a statement, a Pakistani Taliban group, Tehreek Jihad Pakistan (TJP), which has recently emerged and has claimed responsibility for several major bombings in recent months, said its militants This attack has been done to target the Pakistani army.

According to the statement of the Foreign Office, the responsibility for the attack has been accepted by 'Tehreek Jihad Pakistan, a terrorist group affiliated with Tehreek Taliban Pakistan.'

Spokesperson of the Foreign Office said in the statement that the Afghan Governor of Affairs was asked to convey Pakistan's demands to the Afghan Interim Government immediately.

According to the statement, Pakistan has made the following demands from the Afghan Interim Government:

The Afghan Interim Government should conduct a thorough investigation and take strict action against the perpetrators of the recent attack.

The Afghan Interim Government should condemn this attack at the highest government level.

Take immediate verifiable action against all terrorist groups and their sanctuaries.

The perpetrators of the attack and the leadership of TTP in Afghanistan should be arrested and handed over to the government of Pakistan.

All necessary steps should be taken to prevent continued use of Afghan soil for terrorism against Pakistan.

Earlier, the Pakistani army said regarding the attack that 23 soldiers lost their lives in an attack on a security forces check post in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Dera Ismail Khan district on Tuesday.

A total of 27 'terrorists' were killed in separate operations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Dera Ismail Khan district on Tuesday, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) of the Army said in a statement.

In the intervening night of December 11 and 12, militant activities were witnessed in Dera Ismail Khan district, one of which was an attack on the security forces post in Daraban in the morning of December 12 by six 'terrorists', the statement said.

Pakistan : The Supreme Court gave conditional permission for civilian trials in military courts

The Supreme Court on Wednesday gave a conditional verdict on intra-court appeals against the annulment of the trial of civilians in military courts, saying that the trial of civilians in military courts will continue but the military courts will not give a final decision on the trial until the appeals are decided.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday gave a conditional verdict on intra-court appeals against the annulment of the trial of civilians in military courts , saying that the trial of civilians in military courts will continue but the military courts will not give a final decision on the trial until the appeals are decided. .

A six-member bench headed by Justice Sardar Tariq Masood heard the intra-court appeals related to military courts in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. The six-member bench included Justice Aminuddin, Justice Muhammad Ali, Justice Hasan Azhar, Justice Musrat Hilali and Justice Irfan Saadat Khan.

The court decision was given by a ratio of five to one, while Justice Musrat Hilali disagreed with the decision.

At the beginning of the hearing on Wednesday, Justice Sardar Tariq Masood rejected the request to leave the bench.

Advocate Aitzaz Ahsan, Latif Khosa and Salman Akram Raja said that there is an objection to the formation of the bench, so there will be arguments on it first. First it will be decided whether you will sit in the bench or not?'

The head of the bench, Justice Sardar Masood, was told that 'you have an objection.' So he said, 'Who cares?'

Lawyer Aitzaz Ahsan said that 'Former Chief Justice Jawad S Khawaja has objection.'

On this, Justice Sardar Tariq Masood said that Justice Jawad S. Khawaja has his own decision that when there is an objection to a judge, it is the discretion of the judge to recuse himself from the bench or not, so I have not recused myself from the bench. remained.'

After speaking to Advocate Latif Khosa, Justice Sardar Tariq Masood asked him, 'Have you noticed? The parties will notice, then they will see your objection.'

To which Latif Khosa replied that 'You are sitting and listening to the case, that's why I am speaking.'

Justice Sardar Tariq said a little angrily, "Should we stand up and listen to the case?" The case is heard while sitting.'

With all the lawyers speaking together on the rostrum, where the atmosphere of a fish market was created in the court, the court also became agitated, after which the head of the bench clarified that the petitioner whose name is being called should first come forward. come on

Advocate Salman Akram Raja pointed out that 'the court cannot suspend the decision to declare the trial null and void without hearing us.' On which Justice Sardar Tariq said to him, 'Has the court given relief? You also know what the procedure is when it comes to appeal.'

The Supreme Court asked the Attorney General to start the arguments, so he said that it would be appropriate to hear the petitioners first, I want to give time to Khawaja Haris first.

After which lawyer Khawaja Haris came to the rostrum for arguments on behalf of the Ministry of Defence. 

Khawaja Haris read out the verdict against the trial of civilians in military courts. On which Justice Sardar Tariq remarked that 'in two lines, the entire section of a law was declared null and void.'

Khawaja Haris said that these provisions were upheld earlier in the decisions of the Supreme Court, in the FB Ali case it was the decision of an eight-member bench. Diya, these provisions were also upheld in the 21st Constitutional Amendment case.'

 Justice Mian Muhammad Ali Mazhar asked, 'How will you ensure a fair trial in the military courts?' Defense Ministry counsel replied that 'Civilians also include people like Kulbhushan Yadav, the jurisdiction over civilians was already limited in the Army Act, the provisions relating to civilians cannot be repealed.'

Justice Sardar Tariq Masood said to the Defense Ministry's lawyer that 'we have not yet received a detailed decision, should we give a decision without seeing the detailed decision?' On which Justice Irfan Saadat also said that 'Khwaja Haris Sahib, can't wait for the detailed decision?'

Khawaja Haris pleaded and said that 'Then my request will be to allow the trial of those who are in military custody.'

Justice Sardar Tariq inquired that what will happen to the civilians who were martyred yesterday in the terrorist attack? Were the trials of the first accused completed?'

On which the Attorney General told the court that 'some of the accused were charged, some were to be charged, many of the accused may be acquitted, those who were punished will not be more than three years.'

Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar asked, 'How do you know that the sentence will be less than three years?' The Attorney General said that the detention period of the accused will also be a part of the sentence in case of lesser punishment. If the trial in the military courts is decided to be void tomorrow, then the punishments will end.' On which Khawaja Haris said in the meantime that 'if the trial was allowed to continue, time would not have been wasted.'

Sardar Latif Khosa opposed the injunction and said that the judges who gave the decision of the military courts are also the judges of the Supreme Court. The detailed decision declaring their trial null and void has not come and how will the trial go again?' On this, Justice Sardar Tariq said that then why was this appellate court? The provisions regarding civilians have become null and void. If they do not repeal the provisions, by what law should they try those who are martyring our children?' 

The Attorney General requested the court to give conditional permission to conduct the trial in the military courts, to which Justice Sardar Tariq Masood said, 'How can we allow things to be taken out of a law that has been repealed?'

Justice Mian Muhammad Ali Mazhar inquired that 'what is the hurry in this case?' The Attorney General said that 'it is urgent that because of this, the trials of foreign terrorists are not even possible?'

Justice Musrat Hilali remarked that 'If the arrested people are terrorists, why are they acquitting them? The Attorney General replied that 'these people are our own citizens, they have just gone astray.'

What was the decision of the trial of civilians in military courts?

The Supreme Court had on October 23 this year reserved a verdict on the petitions filed against the trial of civilians arrested for their involvement in the violent protests of May 9, 2023, in military courts, in which the trials of civilians in military courts were nullified.

The judgment said that Section 59(4) of the Army Act is also declared null and void.

The case was heard by a five-member larger bench headed by Justice Ejazul Ahsan, Justice Muneeb Akhtar, Justice Yahya Afridi, Justice Mazahir Naqvi and Justice Ayesha Malik.

One of the Supreme Court. The four-member majority decision said that all 103 people in military custody will not be tried in military courts, while Justice Yahya Afridi disagreed with the majority decision.

After the verdict, the Federation, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Law, Balochistan Martyrs Foundation, Advocate General Punjab, Advocate General Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Advocate General Balochistan filed intra-court appeals under the Practice and Procedure Act on the issue of nullifying the trial of civilians in military courts. were

After hearing these appeals, the Supreme Court today (Wednesday) reserved the decision, which was pronounced today, according to which the trial of civilians in military courts will continue, but the military courts will not make a final decision on the trial until the appeals are decided.
Previous Post Next Post