Joint statement: 12 countries issue a warning to the Houthis Joint statement: 12 countries issue a warning to the Houthis

Joint statement: 12 countries issue a warning to the Houthis

Joint statement: 12 countries issue a warning to the Houthis

The governments of the United States, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom issued a joint warning statement to the Houthis.

She said in the statement, "We recognize the broad consensus expressed by 44 countries around the world on December 19, 2023, as well as the United Nations Security Council statement on December 1, 2023, condemning the Houthi attacks on commercial ships crossing the Red Sea."

She added in the joint statement, "In light of the continuation of attacks, including the major escalation over the past week that targeted commercial ships with missiles and small boats, and attempts to hijack them, we repeat and warn the Houthis against launching more attacks."

It stated that the ongoing Houthi attacks in the Red Sea are illegal and unacceptable and lead to significant destabilization, and there is no legal justification for deliberately targeting civilian ships and naval vessels.

In their statement, the countries stressed that attacks on ships, including commercial ones, using drones, small boats and missiles, including the first use of anti-ship ballistic missiles, constitute a direct threat to freedom of navigation, which forms the basis of global trade in one of the most dangerous waterways in the world.

She stressed in the statement that these attacks threaten the lives of innocent people from all over the world and represent a major international problem that requires collective action.

She pointed out that approximately 15% of global seaborne trade passes through the Red Sea, including 8% of global grain trade, 12% of seaborne oil trade, and 8% of world liquefied natural gas trade.

She explained that international shipping companies continue to redirect their ships around the Cape of Good Hope, which adds significant cost and weeks of delay in the delivery of goods, and puts the movement of food, fuel and vital humanitarian aid around the world at risk.

The 12 countries sent a message to the Houthis, saying, “Let our message now be clear. We call for an immediate cessation of these illegal attacks and the release of the illegally detained ships and their crews. The Houthis will bear responsibility for the consequences if they continue to threaten lives, the global economy, and the free flow of trade in vital waterways in the country.” Region".

“We remain committed to the rules-based international order, and are determined to hold malicious actors accountable for unlawful seizures and attacks,” she concluded.

Earlier, the Yemeni Houthi Ansar Allah movement announced the implementation of a targeting operation against a ship that was heading to Israel after it refused to respond to calls.

The Houthis said in a statement that "the naval forces carried out a targeting operation against a ship belonging to the CMA CGM TAGE company that was heading to the ports of occupied Palestine," noting that "the targeting operation came after the ship's crew refused to respond to calls from the Yemeni naval forces, including fiery warning messages."

The Ansar Allah Houthi group had previously announced its intention to attack ships linked to Israel or heading to its ports, and called on other countries to summon their crews and not approach them at sea.

For its part, the United States announced that, in response to the increasing attacks launched by the Houthis, it, along with other countries, launched  the “Guardian of Prosperity” coalition operation , to protect navigation in the Red Sea.
 

Kuleba announces an emergency meeting of the “Ukraine-NATO” Council

Kuleba announces an emergency meeting of the “Ukraine-NATO” Council


Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba announced that, at the request of the Ukrainian side, the Ukraine-NATO Council will hold an emergency meeting “due to the bombing.”

“NATO supported Ukraine’s request to hold an emergency meeting of the Ukraine-NATO Council in response to the strikes,” Kuleba said on the “X” platform.

He noted that one of the main topics will be "strengthening the air defense capabilities of Ukraine."

Larry Johnson, a former CIA officer, previously confirmed that Moscow's response to the terrorist attack in Belgorod showed its effectiveness, as Ukrainian military facilities were bombed .

Last week, Russian forces launched a missile attack on various regions of Ukraine, and Ukrainian Air Force spokesman Yuri Ignat described it as the most intense in a long time.

Since October 10 of last year, the Russian army has been directing precise missile strikes against energy sites, military industries, military command centers, communications, and infrastructure of Kiev forces throughout Ukraine.

Previous Post Next Post