Urgent warning about a popular snack among children Urgent warning about a popular snack among children

Urgent warning about a popular snack among children

Urgent warning about a popular snack among children
-
A pediatric nurse has issued a timely warning about the safety of children eating the popular snack.

In an Instagram caption, Sarah Hanstead, who runs the safety page CPR Kids, reminded parents to be vigilant when feeding their young children instant noodles.

Hanstead said: “Pasta is a popular snack, especially in the colder months, but did you know that it is also a common cause of severe burns in young children and teenagers!?”

She added: “The youngsters have suffered serious burns by either pulling the cooling bowl of pasta over themselves or spilling it while eating it.”

Last October, experts at Children's Hospital Westmead (CHW) in Sydney issued a similar warning, amid a growing number of children suffering severe burns from instant noodles during the school holidays.

The hospital said that the most common injuries were burns to the thighs or genital area, caused by children accidentally spilling boiling liquid on themselves while eating.

“Boiling water in hot pasta pots can take an hour to cool to a safe temperature after cooking,” said Dr. Tori Lawrence, head of the burn unit at CHW.

He added: "This means that accidents such as spilling hot water from instant noodles can cause long-term injuries and lifelong scarring for children," noting that it is important for parents to remember that food or drink "that may be a good temperature for an adult" It can result in “significant burn to the child.”

1 Comments

  1. Parents should be vigilant with instant noodles.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Worldwide News Search HereπŸ‘‡