Nine people killed in Israeli attacks on Sanaa, Houthi says response is inevitable

Nine people killed in Israeli attacks on Sanaa, Houthi says response is inevitable





The Houthi government's Ministry of Health reported that nine people were killed and 118 injured in "the initial toll of the Israeli aggression" on Sanaa and Al-Jawf, according to the group's Al Masirah TV.

Earlier on Wednesday, the channel reported deaths and injuries and "damage to a number of homes as a result of the Israeli aggression on Sanaa," before relaying the Ministry of Health's statistics.

She added, "The Israeli aggression also targeted civilian facilities in Al-Jawf Governorate, including the Central Bank and the government complex."

For his part, Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the group's air defenses launched "a number of surface-to-air missiles while confronting the Zionist aggression against our country."

He added in a post on the X platform: "Some combat formations were forced to leave before carrying out their aggression, and the bulk of the attack was thwarted."

Meanwhile, Al Masirah TV quoted the head of the Houthi Supreme Political Council, Mahdi al-Mashat, as saying that "the response to the Israeli aggression will inevitably come."

In response, the Israeli occupation army said in a written statement: "Fighter aircraft attacked military targets of the Houthi regime in Sanaa and Al-Jawf."

He claimed that among the targets were "camps where Houthi regime military elements were spotted, along with the headquarters of the Houthi Military Media Directorate, in addition to a fuel storage site used for military activities," according to his statement.

Editor's Picks

In a "difficult meeting" with the Israeli president, Starmer: Attacks on Qatar are unacceptable and the war in Gaza must stop.

Qatar condemns Netanyahu's statements, describing them as reckless. An Arab-Islamic summit is held in Doha to approve a response that will deter Israel.

UAE bans Israel from defense conference following Doha attack

The Israeli occupation army tightens its siege on Jerusalem for the third day, raiding towns and villages and causing suffocation.

He claimed that "these raids came in light of the repeated attacks carried out by the Houthi regime against the State of Israel, which include the launching of drones and surface-to-surface missiles towards Israel."

For his part, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a statement: "We promised more strikes, and today we are preparing another painful strike against the Houthi organization in Yemen."

He added, "The Israeli military is attacking military camps run by Houthi elements, including the Houthi propaganda apparatus, in Sanaa and elsewhere across Yemen, as part of Operation Ringing the Bell."

On Tuesday, the Houthi group announced the implementation of "successful" military operations, attacking "sensitive and vital" targets in the areas of Eilat, Ramon Airport, and occupied Jerusalem.

On the same day, the Israeli occupation army announced that it had detected and intercepted a missile launched from Yemen, following alerts that were activated in Jerusalem (central) and settlements in the Dead Sea (southeast), according to the Hebrew newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

On August 28, Israel assassinated the head of the Houthi government (which is not internationally recognized), Ahmed Ghaleb al-Rahwi, along with a number of ministers, in a bombing of the capital, Sanaa.

The Houthis are attacking Israel with missiles and drones, targeting ships linked to or heading toward it. They claim their attacks are in response to the ongoing Israeli genocide in the Gaza Strip.

With American support, Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, leaving 64,656 Palestinians dead, 163,503 wounded, most of them children and women, hundreds of thousands displaced, and a famine that has claimed the lives of 404 Palestinians, including 141 children.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post