DRC: displaced people fight against hunger in the camps DRC: displaced people fight against hunger in the camps

DRC: displaced people fight against hunger in the camps

DRC: displaced people fight against hunger in the camps On Monday, several displaced people living in the Kanyaruchinya camp demonstrated for better living conditions.  In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the ongoing conflict in Rushuru territory has caused thousands of people to flee north to the city of Goma.  On Monday, several displaced people living in the Kanyaruchinya camp demonstrated for better living conditions.  Suffering from hunger, many of them urged the government to have access to food.  "We are protesting because we knew our head of state was sending us aid but the minister and the governor hijacked this, we have known for three weeks but nothing has been done, we are suffering and we have hungry. Every day we bury people who are starving," said Nsabimana Fiston, displaced from Kibumba.  "We haven't received anything since September 18, no food, only three sites that need assistance, so our children are starving to death because we have nothing to give them that's why we are here to show our displeasure. We ask our government if they are not able to give us something to eat that they end this war so that we can go home." explained Sifa Masumbuko, 34, displaced from Rutshuru, mother of six.   The gathering handicapped socio-economic activities on the so-called 1 km road which was barricaded.  While some displaced people have fled the clashes between the loyalist army and the M23/RDF rebels in Rutshuru territory since June 2022, other civilians are currently continuing to reach the town on the western side, coming from the territory of Massisi.  On Saturday, during his visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo, French President Emmanuel Macron said a ceasefire was to take place on Tuesday and hinted that in the event of non-compliance with commitments sanctions could be taken, including against Rwanda.       Burkina Faso: month-long curfew introduced in several provinces Burkina Faso's new leader, Captain Ibrahim Traore, arrives for a ceremony in honor of soldiers killed in Gaskinde, Ouagadougou, October 8, 2022.  A curfew has been introduced throughout the northern region of Burkina Faso and in two other provinces to combat jihadist attacks hitting the Sahel region.  In order to fight against jihadist attacks raging in the Sahel region, a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. was introduced throughout the northern region of Burkina Faso and in two other provinces of the country on Friday.  This decision follows Thursday's attack that killed 12 people in the village of Aorema, located about ten kilometers from Ouahigouya.  "As part of the fight against terrorism, a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. is established throughout the regional territory from Friday March 3 to Friday March 31," said a note from the Secretary General. of the governorate of the North region, Kouilga Albert Zongo.  "During this period, the movement of people, four- and two-wheeled vehicles, tricycles (tricycles) and bicycles is strictly prohibited", he said, inviting the populations "to strictly respect this decision while remaining home at the times and dates indicated".  According to Mr. Zongo, the measure aims to facilitate the actions of the armed forces in this border region of Mali.  In mid-February, the curfew in force since 2019 in the Eastern region had been extended by 3 months, until May 21 inclusive.  The transitional government has taken up the fight against the jihadist groups which are proliferating in the Sahel region, in particular after demanding the departure of French troops from Operation Saber, present in the West African country since 2009. , without success.  Since last year, anti-French sentiment has been growing in the country, as in many other African nations, eager to regain their sovereignty.

On Monday, several displaced people living in the Kanyaruchinya camp demonstrated for better living conditions.

In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the ongoing conflict in Rushuru territory has caused thousands of people to flee north to the city of Goma.

On Monday, several displaced people living in the Kanyaruchinya camp demonstrated for better living conditions.

Suffering from hunger, many of them urged the government to have access to food.

"We are protesting because we knew our head of state was sending us aid but the minister and the governor hijacked this, we have known for three weeks but nothing has been done, we are suffering and we have hungry. Every day we bury people who are starving," said Nsabimana Fiston, displaced from Kibumba.

"We haven't received anything since September 18, no food, only three sites that need assistance, so our children are starving to death because we have nothing to give them that's why we are here to show our displeasure. We ask our government if they are not able to give us something to eat that they end this war so that we can go home." explained Sifa Masumbuko, 34, displaced from Rutshuru, mother of six. 

The gathering handicapped socio-economic activities on the so-called 1 km road which was barricaded.

While some displaced people have fled the clashes between the loyalist army and the M23/RDF rebels in Rutshuru territory since June 2022, other civilians are currently continuing to reach the town on the western side, coming from the territory of Massisi.

On Saturday, during his visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo, French President Emmanuel Macron said a ceasefire was to take place on Tuesday and hinted that in the event of non-compliance with commitments sanctions could be taken, including against Rwanda.

Burkina Faso: month-long curfew introduced in several provinces

Burkina Faso's new leader, Captain Ibrahim Traore, arrives for a ceremony in honor of soldiers killed in Gaskinde, Ouagadougou, October 8, 2022.

A curfew has been introduced throughout the northern region of Burkina Faso and in two other provinces to combat jihadist attacks hitting the Sahel region.

In order to fight against jihadist attacks raging in the Sahel region, a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. was introduced throughout the northern region of Burkina Faso and in two other provinces of the country on Friday.

This decision follows Thursday's attack that killed 12 people in the village of Aorema, located about ten kilometers from Ouahigouya.

"As part of the fight against terrorism, a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. is established throughout the regional territory from Friday March 3 to Friday March 31," said a note from the Secretary General. of the governorate of the North region, Kouilga Albert Zongo.

"During this period, the movement of people, four- and two-wheeled vehicles, tricycles (tricycles) and bicycles is strictly prohibited", he said, inviting the populations "to strictly respect this decision while remaining home at the times and dates indicated".

According to Mr. Zongo, the measure aims to facilitate the actions of the armed forces in this border region of Mali.

In mid-February, the curfew in force since 2019 in the Eastern region had been extended by 3 months, until May 21 inclusive.

The transitional government has taken up the fight against the jihadist groups which are proliferating in the Sahel region, in particular after demanding the departure of French troops from Operation Saber, present in the West African country since 2009. , without success.

Since last year, anti-French sentiment has been growing in the country, as in many other African nations, eager to regain their sovereignty.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Worldwide News Search HereπŸ‘‡