"Houthi" announces the targeting of ships in Haifa and the Mediterranean "Houthi" announces the targeting of ships in Haifa and the Mediterranean

"Houthi" announces the targeting of ships in Haifa and the Mediterranean

"Houthi" announces the targeting of ships in Haifa and the Mediterranean

The Yemeni Houthi group said that it carried out a joint military operation with the "Islamic Resistance" in Iraq, targeting 4 ships in the Israeli port of Haifa. The military spokesman for the group also confirmed that the Shorthorn Express ship was targeted in the Mediterranean Sea using drones.

Yahya Saree, the military spokesman for the Houthis, said in a statement broadcast on television yesterday, Saturday, that the two sides launched a drone attack on two cement tankers and two cargo ships in the port of Haifa.

He said that the ships belonged to companies that “violated the decision to ban entry to the ports of occupied Palestine,” noting that the “precise and direct” attack came within the framework of the campaign carried out by the group to obstruct navigation in important waterways, as a sign of solidarity with the Palestinians in the Gaza war, while it did not The Israeli occupation army has issued a comment so far, although it denied a similar claim by the Houthis this month.

In turn, the British Maritime Trade Operations Authority said on Sunday that a drone attack caused damage to a commercial ship 65 nautical miles west of the city of Hodeidah in Yemen, and added in an advisory note: “All crew members are safe and the ship is sailing towards the next port.” The identity of the ship was not revealed.

On the other hand, the US Central Command refuted what it said were Houthi claims of a successful attack on the aircraft carrier Eisenhower, describing them as completely false.

The US Central Command said in a publication on

The Yemeni Houthi group has been launching attacks with drones and missiles on maritime shipping lines since November, saying that this comes in solidarity with the Palestinians in the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

Since last October 7, Israel has been waging a devastating war on Gaza with absolute American support, leaving more than 123,000 Palestinians dead or wounded, putting Tel Aviv into international isolation and causing it to be prosecuted before the International Court of Justice.

Israel continues its war despite two UN Security Council resolutions to stop it immediately, and orders from the International Court of Justice to end the Rafah invasion, take measures to prevent acts of “genocide” and improve the dire humanitarian situation in Gaza.

Israel is also challenging the request of International Criminal Court Prosecutor Karim Khan to issue arrest warrants against its Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and its Defense Minister, Yoav Galant, for their responsibility for “war crimes” and “crimes against humanity” in Gaza.

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Worldwide News Search HereπŸ‘‡