A joint statement issued by the foreign ministers of the aforementioned countries on Monday said: "The ministers recall with grave concern past Israeli interventions against humanitarian flotillas in international waters, and condemned the continued hostile acts targeting civilian vessels and humanitarian aid activists."
The statement added that the attacks on ships, assaults and arbitrary detentions of activists constitute a flagrant violation of international law and international humanitarian law.
The ministers expressed their deep concern for the safety and security of the civilians involved in the flotilla, calling for the immediate release of all detained activists and full respect for their rights and dignity.
The statement stressed that the repeated attacks on peaceful humanitarian initiatives reflect a continued disregard for international law and freedom of navigation, calling on the international community to fulfill its legal and moral responsibilities, ensure the protection of civilians and humanitarian missions, and take concrete steps to end impunity and ensure accountability for these violations.
The statement read: "The foreign ministers of Turkey, Bangladesh, Brazil, Indonesia, Spain, Colombia, Libya, Maldives, Pakistan and Jordan condemn in the strongest terms the repeated Israeli attacks on the Global Resilience Flotilla, a peaceful civilian humanitarian initiative aimed at drawing the attention of the international community to the humanitarian catastrophe facing the Palestinian people."
Earlier on Monday, the Hebrew website "Walla" said that Israeli forces had so far arrested about 100 activists within the "Steadfastness Flotilla," about 100 miles off the Israeli coast.
On Monday, the Israeli navy began seizing boats of the Global Resilience Flotilla and arresting activists on board. The flotilla had set sail on Thursday from the Turkish city of Marmaris with 54 boats, in a new attempt to break the Israeli blockade imposed on Gaza since 2007.
On April 29, the Israeli occupation army launched an attack in international waters off the island of Crete targeting boats belonging to the flotilla, which included 345 participants from 39 countries, including Turkish citizens.
Israel then seized 21 boats with about 175 activists on board, while the rest of the boats continued their journey towards Greek territorial waters.
Later, in international waters, the Israeli forces released the activists, with the exception of two (a Spaniard and a Brazilian) whom they took to detention centers inside Israel, before later deporting them.
Approximately 2.4 million Palestinians, including about 1.5 million displaced persons, are living in catastrophic humanitarian conditions in the Gaza Strip, exacerbated by the Israeli war of extermination that left more than 72,000 martyrs and more than 172,000 wounded, most of whom are children and women.
Despite the ceasefire agreement announced on October 10, 2025, Israel continues its operations by restricting the entry of humanitarian aid and carrying out daily bombings, resulting in the martyrdom of 877 Palestinians and the injury of 2,602 others, according to local data.
